Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tang Freres, The American Church of Paris and La Tour Eiffel


I made these petit announces for english tutoring and baby sitting so I was planning on going to the American Church of Paris and the American Library conveniently located a few minutes from each other. The American Church of Paris wanted to charge 25 euro for each announce and so we said forget it you crazy capitalist Church creeps and moved on to the Library where we received a warm welcome and an invitation to post on their bulletin board. Thanks American Library- which by the way charges like 70 euro a year for membership. It's expensive being an American in Paris!

Today was cold, overcast and from time to time snow flakes danced in the air around us. I've mentioned before in past blogs that I've been to Paris a handful of times but today was the first time I really saw La Tour Eiffel and it made an impression. La Tour Eiffel is simply beautiful, I can't believe Parisians didn't take a shine to it at first, it's striking and inspiring and simply comforting. I've never seen a photo or painting that has come near to doing it justice.

After La Tour Eiffel we were on a mission to visit the largest asian food market in Europe. It was in a dull grey part of chinatown but inside I felt like a kid at Christmas, overwhelmed and thrilled. Sylvain had the basket and it took us about 5 minutes to fill it. It was the cheapest shopping trip we've had and then we came home and made chicken teriyaki, spring rolls and tom yum soup...

No comments: