Monday, November 9, 2009

Supersizing Christmas


Yesterday we went to the beach Vina and then as per usual Sylvain was hungry so we walked to Renaca and went to McDonald's. I had fries and he had a supersized meal which was much smaller than an American super sizing- it was on par with whatever regular would be, and afterwards Sylvain was still hungry...

With family in Wisconsin and friends in NYC I have taken some pleasure in the fact that while they're cold, I'm at the beach. Unfortunately, tis the season, and as I think about those back home celebrating Thanksgiving, and NYC at Christmastime, I'm sad that the only reminder I have that Jesus is coming are grocery store brand Christmas ornaments and decorations sold at Lider. I miss walking into stores and hearing Christmas music, shopping for presents, and getting a tree. For some reason I miss hot chocolate- which I don't really drink but feels seasonally appropriate.


2 comments:

lydia said...

the bar Pajaritos has some pretty tasty spicy hot chocolate, and comes usually with a little teapot so you can refill a zillion times. you could go get a fix at night, nights are still cold enough for hot chocolate!

ClearlyEnlight, said...

Hey I just ran into your blog. I am nesting in Bulgaria and it is kind of interesting how similar, although different the two locations and cultural are from reading your blog.

I can relate when you talk about the slowness and if something well even be accomplished.