Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Cerro la Campana


I woke up around 8:30 and figured I'd get my stuff together for the big hiking trip. Not that it's such a big hike, but I've been talking about going for so long, the momentum was sufficiently high. I left around 9:40 got the Metro to Limache and when I exited the station someone asked me where I was headed- he informed me to take the bus #45 which was not the directions I'd been given which were to take the bus #1, but in the end, every bus that pulled up in front of the station I got in and asked if they went to Cerro la Campana, all of them told me to take bus #45 except bus #45 which told me to take bus #1. So finally bus #1 came and an hour later he dropped me off. There were two different routes to take, I took one that got me there, but let's just say wasn't much of a route, and I popped up out of nowhere on a scavaging school group who informed me Cerro la Campana was CERRADO- closed, because of a strike. So, yeah. It took me two hours and change to get to this mountain, and no dice. I decided to walk back down and head back to Limache station and after about an hour of walking I got the bus the rest of the way, and then the Metro.

I stopped at Portales and went to the beach and figured I'd walk back the last two Metro stops on the beach and boardwalk. That gave me an hour to walk back and an hour at the beach. It was a decent plan B I figured.

The strike here is also affecting the city's garbage collection. Garbage all over the streets and stray dogs, use your imagination...


No comments: