Friday, October 9, 2009

Ham and Cream Cheese

When Sylvain was booking his ticket to Chile he thought he would have to get a visa or show that he was leaving within the alloted 3 month tourist visa. I remember arguing that this was not likely since he was a student. Somehow though eventually this logic won over and he bought a ticket fro July 16th to October 15th. Huge mistake. He ended up having to spend $345 to change it to December when his finals are over. My mom and our travel agent Lori were generous to help manage the ticket change since it can't be done over the internet, and a transaction would have cost another $50 bucks with all the being put on hold, transferred to other agent, asking for credit card details and your name spelt backwards and forwards. 

My mom has it rough with a daughter like me... I don't know how she does it. 

So I went to spinning, did a couple hours of work sending thank you letters to Donor's Choose the foundation that helped me fund thousands of dollars of artwork and now I'm just having a ham and cream cheese sandwich with some mustard. I don't recommend it unless like me you have no other cheese option, but I'm an artist so...

No comments: