Saturday, October 23, 2010

October

I was rudely awoken by my cat flying across the room around 9:30am... After yelling at my sick boyfriend who had launched Manny off the bed after he had attempted to scratch Sylvain's eyes out as he is won't to do after being attracted to fluttering eyelids, I went to the kitchen to give Manny the love and attention he sought and after a reactionary but altogether unnecessary flight, I felt he deserved...

When I returned to bed Sylvain acknowledged that what he had done had been out of line with the assault that had taken place on his face. Having experienced the attempt at gauging out my eyes, I know it can be very disarming, but flinging him across the room, was wrong.

After acknowledging the mauvais temps dehors, we decided to grab crepes at the place literally next door to our building, I was getting anxious about going because usually the place is packed, it's a neighborhood place and I figured with the weather, maybe it would be impossible to find a table, since there were only four. I had needlessly worried however when we entered, it was just the owners and their dog Nino. As long as a dog is not miniature, or jumpy, I am immediately best friends with it. There are a lot of dogs in Neuilly where I work and I spend a lot of time pointing them out to the two girls I nanny for, presenting them more as if they were a great work of architecture or the eiffel tower, than just golden retrievers and beagles. As per usual Sylvain ordered with more insight then I, and I made him share, and then finish my crepe, all the while petting Nino and asking him if he wanted to trade places with Manny, as Nino was chill and less likely to attack in the wee hours of the morning.

We had briefly considered going to the Jean Michel Basquiat show, but I just wasn't feeling the outing, our apartment is always cold, and I knew that being wet and cold was not the way I wanted to spend my day. I suggested instead we go to monoprix and get food. We did and god knows how we spent the next few hours, but I ended up reading a New York Times article about the show the Millionaire Matchmaker- the shows "host" I had seen on Oprah once but otherwise I'd not seen the show... Of course I searched for episodes on surf the channel and Sylvain and I dug in... This season takes place in NYC, and of course, I'm in.

I've been missing the creature comforts of home of late, especially Netflix and Barnes and Nobles. Today, if I had had my way, I would have spent the rainy afternoon with an overpriced starbucks green tea nursing the latest issues of my favorite magazines at my local Barnes and Nobles.

No comments: