Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back at Work

Today was a great day: I got a call to sub.

I told my old job I was available to sub since I was back in NYC, the staff and the kids welcomed me back with open arms and while I was teaching Morenike came in and we jumped into each other arms like two silly girls and didn't let go forever- the kids thought we were crazy. Seeing Betsy and Pierre and everyone else who wanted to hear about my trip, it felt like coming home. I let the kids ask me 3 questions about Chile before we got started on their work - they wanted to know- did you meet any cute boys, were the Chilean's cute, did you live in a shack or a hut, was the food really good, did you make good art. How can you not love being a teacher!

Hyde is building a High School and after looking at the plans I can't help but be excited- we are housed in such a poor building, where the elementary and middle school would stay, but the new high school looks to the future, it finishes strong...

The kids were hoping I was coming back to teach them art- this always makes me laugh because anytime you replace a teacher the kids always want the old one back, but when I was there, they were happy to complain I gave them too much work.

No comments: