Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Waking up...

Ah the first night after a guest leaves- you enjoy the guest, it was great to have them, but it's exhausting, you miss your privacy, routine, but at the end the promise of a good nights sleep.

So when we woke up around 3am to our roommates amigo revving his motorcycle engine for 20 minutes, no one was happy. I was somehow able to stay in a light dream state where the revving was part of my dream, but Sylvain was up, and angry... and this morning when he was tired and had to go to an early class, he wanted revenge.

I love the day after a guest leaves because you have so much stuff to do. Today I wanted to download the 4th level of Rosetta Stone, clean up, I just finished a scarf but have enough yarn to make another one (I hope- cause I liked this one so much I might keep it), I had banana's browning for days to make banana bread, I just started a really good book, I had a list of emails to send out for work stuff and I could go on...

Elspeth has been a big help planning and advising on trips- the current itinerary- Mendoza, Zapallara, Pucon, Cerro la Campana (somehow without a car) and Isla Negra!

No comments: