Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tuesday is beach day

I headed to the beach today- was going to go to Concon, but it was overcast and instead of going at 10 am I waited around hoping the fog would burn off a bit but by 12 it was only a little bit nicer. By 12:15 I grabbed my bag and said the hell with it, I'm going to the beach anyway. I decided to go to Renaca which is 8 km closer, just after Vina. I stayed at the beach for just over an hour, I had to get back by 4pm to let Sylvain in because Gabi took my key with him to the desert. On my way back I walked along the coast to Vina because the beach is really nice there and I thought I'd do some recon and maybe come back on Thursday when it's supposed to be 82 degrees.

Sylvain bought nicorette and is trying to reduce from 10 cigarettes a day to 5. Smoking doesn't bother me that much when you're at a bar and drinking- any other time of the day or location it's annoying and at age 25 he coughs a lot in the morning... but it's an addiction, and there isn't much I'm going to say, if he's successful in reducing or quitting, it isn't going to be because I'm pressuring him. We've been watching sex and the city at night and I'm shocked at how often "Carrie" is smoking, it's actually quite gross.

I've been crocheting this grocery tote bag to bring with me to the market across the street. I finished it last night so I tried it out this morning. While crocheting it, I ripped it out almost finished, no less than 4 times. It's the kind of project you could have finished in a day, but it took me 4 or 5 after all of those restarts. Yesterday I was working in cycles, read a chapter (The Carpenters Pencil), crochet for 10-20 minutes, paint in my sketchbook. The cycles were to let the paint dry so I could flip the page.


No comments: